Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Best Friend Birthday Card



I made this card for, you guessed it, my best friend, Wendy Brown.  I wanted to come up with a card that had lots of texture on it.  I started off with the brown paper that is very textured by a company called Canson.  It's something I found at my local Micheals a while back.   I think its especially made for card making, but I don't know. lol.  I then used my sizzix texture boutique and a cuttle bug texture plate in  textile to emboss white card stock that I ripped down the right hand side and sprayed with peach delight glimmer mist and then rubbed the top of the texture with walnut stain distress ink from Tim Holtz.  I made the flower out of book pages that was cut out of the tattered florals die from sizzix and Tim Holtz and covered with the gold shimmer modge podge and layered together and an antique button, one of my very favorites in fact, was used for the center.  I used green hand made paper for the back ground on the right hand side and the brown strip at the bottom is a border sticker from Anna Griffin's Flora collection.  The sentiment is a stamp set from inkadinkado and it is heat embossed with Zing metallic finish embossing powder in copper.  I also used it along the sides of the sentiment piece.  I'm really happy with the way this card turned out and I was so happy to put the work into it, like I am with all the cards I do now days.    Im not making cards to sell anymore and so I only make them for the people I love now.  Im happier that way;)  It brings me joy to know that the people I give them to actually have come to look forward to getting on of my cards on their birthdays, anniversaries, or other special occasions.  I love to hear how much they look forward to them coming in the mail, even tho they are mostly late getting to them, and how they enjoy them and never throw them away.  I would never be mad at anyone of them for throwing one of my cards away.  I know how those kinds of things can accumulate.  Wendy does have special instructions, however,  to give that button back to me should she ever decide to discard of that card. lol  Hope you enjoy!! Hugs. amy k

No comments:

Post a Comment