Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Friday, September 24, 2010

Thank you card

This is a pretty simple thank you card.  I made it to thank Carlene for hosting the tag swap every month.  I know that the swaps have to be lot of work for one person to do every month, plus I know she also has her hands full with her new online store (pinkscrappersboutiqe.blogspot.com) and she is still trying to keep up with making the You tube videos all at the same time.  I just wanted her to know how much I appreciate what she is doing for us and that I know she is working hard.
I made this card much like the card I made for Dad earlier this month. I used the Sentimentals cartridge for the cricut to cut out the card base and the back ground is one of the vintage bags that Robin gave me in that wonderful RAK she sent to me.  I simply cut it down one side and across the bottom on my paper trimmer so I could open it up like one big sheet of paper.  I put it thru the cricut and cut the card base shape once again and then cut it in two and used it to cover the front of the white card stock base. I used some fabric that I just cut to fit inside that rectangle shape on the card base and then I frayed the edges by pulling the strings until I got it to where I liked it.  The red flower is one of my own creations and the bracket and the thank you sentiment is from the Elegant greetings clear stamp set from TPC studio.  I used midnight black embossing powder from stampendous to heat emboss it then I fussy cut it out and used pop dots to adhere it to the card front.  The ephemera pieces are from k and co. from the life's journey line. That's it for this card. Hope you like it Carlene.  Hope the rest of you enjoy it too.  Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave me a comment.  

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card Amy. Wow, you really have kicked butt on your blog. I got to get busy and start uploading some things as well on mine.

    ReplyDelete