Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Thursday, March 15, 2012

Masculine handmade birthday card for Husband

Every year I struggle with making the card for my Husband more than any other.  I thing that's due to the fact that he sees most of the other cards that I make throughout the year and In my mind I feel he must be comparing them to the one I make for him.  Yeah, I know, most of that is probably all in my mind but none the less it's there and I struggle to make his card to be something that I think he will really like.  He said he really did like this one.  I knew putting the pocket watch on there would make the card heavy but it wasn't going in the mail as I was hand delivering it to him myself. So for the background paper I used the coredinations card stock in the Tim Holtz distress ink colors.  I distressed the edges of both sheets and for the reddish one I used a Tim Hotlz embossing folder, (not sure the name of it). For the designer paper I used a sheet from the Timeless Type Stack by DCWV.  The label shape for the sentiment is from Sizzix and the stamps are from Hot off the press stamped with colorbox chalk ink. That's all I have for now, I'll be back in a couple of days with some more cards.  I have just mailed them and I like to give the person receiving the card a chance to see it first in person before I go and post it online.  I don't want to be a spoiler like that. lol.  Thanks for stopping by my blog today, hope you have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Brian. Hope you day is great and filled with Happiness. Nice card Amy. That' one thing I don't make...lol

    ReplyDelete