Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Friday, April 12, 2013

Hexagon birthday card for female

I made this pretty little card for my beautiful cousin, Nicole.  I just printed some images of hexagons out from google and then found one the size I liked.  Then I used a piece of clear plastic from packaging and laid it over the image I'd selected and with a ruler I traced it out then cut it out from the plastic.  Then I had a template that I could use to lay over my design paper and trace it out and cut out the patterned hexagons that I wanted.  Sorry, I didn't think of it while i was making the card but next time I do a process like that I'll try and remember to take pictures so you guys get a better understanding of how I work.  The design paper came from a 6x6 pad of My Minds Eye paper from the Dolled up collection. I fussy cut the butterflies from the paper and cut the felt roses from a sizzix die.  The sentiment and frame were a studio G stamp set from Micheals. The bling was just from my stash.  Hope you liked the card today.  Be back soon with a birthday card for a male. I think you will like it. Hugs, amy k

No comments:

Post a Comment