Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day card for Brian

Wow this must be some kind of record, three post in one day!!! I really should practice making post more often. I know that Memorial Day is really a time to remember our fallen solders of war but I wanted to just make a small token of appreciation for my Hubby, Brian who so bravely fought in the Iraq war.  He has sacrificed so much for this country and I like to tell him that I haven't forgotten what he went thru for our freedom and for us to live at peace, just every chance I get.  I love to honor him for all that he has done.  I want him to know that I am proud of him and altho I missed him terribly and worried about his safety non stop while he was gone, I was at the same time just bursting with pride in him.  so, thank you, Brian, for all you have given to your country and to me.  I love you, Baby.

I made this card from a napkin that I collected one year that Brian and I went to the Marine corp Ball.  The card base is watercolor paper that I stained with coffee. I then used modge podge to adhere the napkin to the watercolor paper and then added a coat on top.  I had never tried this myself before altho I have seen it done with tissue paper.  I like the effect it gave.  It had a texture to it that felt like masking tape does on the surface.   The "Thank You" stamp was one from Making Memories; the cardmaker clear stamp set.  I stamped it with Versa mark and then heat embossed it with gold and I also used the versa mark to emboss the gold around the edges of the piece.  I also used just regular old pigment ink to color the back ground. the red and blue and I used distress inks in Antique Linen for the middle color.  Finally, the America quote is a stamp from Inkadinkado.  I also used Walnut Stain distress ink all around the outer edge. I think this card turned out great and had a great classic look to it.  Hope you enjoyed it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment