Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Wednesday, June 2, 2010

More Photos of Mother's Day Mini

These are more photo's of the Mother's Day mini album I made for my Mother this year.  It includes some of the handmade flowers that I made and showed you in an earlier blog, some of the new Tim Holtz stamps, glimmer mist, patterned paper by Basic Grey (the porcelain collection), and a few die cuts from the Sentimentals cartridge for the Cricut machine.  One of my favorite techniques was to print the photo of me and mom directly onto a piece of white fabric.  I thought the effect was great.  The pink lollipop flower on that page is also one of my own creations.  I learned the technique from one of the lovely ladies over on you tube.  That one is my first attempt so you may be seeing more of these flowers from me in the future.  One thing that I am really enjoying right now is making my own embellishments. Things like all the different flowers that you have seen me making lately and the embellished buttons and  I am even working on some embellished stick pins right now.  I also have really been working on my stamping and getting much much better at it.  I remember when I used to use stamps on a project almost as an after thought.  It was something that I could do with or without.  Now I am spending my money on stamps every time I go shopping for supplies, that and Inks, of course.  I finally am understanding the different effects that you can get from the different inks on the market.  No more of the cheapest inks on the store shelves.  No, I learned my lesson from making that mistake.  I never can get good coverage from the cheaper inks.  I am really loving the chalk inks from Clear snap right now.  I think that they are more forgiving inks for a beginning stamper.  Hope you enjoyed this post. Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  I love hearing from you guys and knowing that someone is out there enjoying what I do.  Let me know if you would like to see me do something, if you have an occasion coming up that you need to make a project for and need an inspiration boost, I would be more than happy to help, or if you would like to see a technique demonstrated; please, just let me know and I will be more than happy to help.  Till next time, enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment