Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Birthday card for Naomi - 2010

I made this card for my dear aunt, Naomi.  She's such a sweet and beautiful lady and I wanted her card to reflect that.  I thought that this stamp set from Hot off the press with the tea pot was so perfect for her.  The stamp set is called Fancy a Cuppa and they are just so cute.  It not only includes tea but coffee cups and beans and a spoon and also a clock face.  Too cute.  I love them.  I also used the Life's Journey paper line from K & co.  I made the frame die cut and swirls with the Cindy Loo cartridge for the cricut. The die cut the sentiment is stamped on is also from cricut off the Sweethearts cart.  I used Close to my Heart stamps for the sentiment with chalk ink in warm red from clearsnap.  I colored the stamped tea pot with my Copic markers, distressed the edges a bit and used some vintage lace.  The red ribbon is from Martha Stewart.  Just a little bling on the tips of the swirls and I was done.  Hope you enjoy this little card.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl...Guess who? lolroflmbo... Yep, I defragamented the puter and also disk cleanup...whooo hooo... And I'm also using Internet Explorer too... Now, I can let you know how much I love your work. You are an inspiration to me.
    Big Hugs Girlfriend,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teapot and the colors and the lace as such a nice touch. Your Aunt will love this card from you.

    ReplyDelete