Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Friday, September 23, 2011

Birthday card for Aunt Naomi



I made this card for my sweet aunt, Naomi.  I hope that it's one that she will really enjoy and that she thinks it's pretty and all.  She does so much to help out the family by doing so much to take care of, and just look out for, my Granddad now that my Grandmother has passed away.  Grandaddy has got lung cancer and he has diabetes so he needs help keeping  up with doctor's appointments and making sure he eats good, just basic things like that but it's hard for his own daughters, who don't live quite as close, to run their own families and try and take care of him and his home too.  That's were Naomi steps in.  She and my uncle live just across the road so she doesn't have far to go and she has always tried to do as much for him as he would let her do.  I just wanted to make a special card for her to let her know how special she is to all of us and how much she is appreciated for all that she does and who she really is.  I hope she really enjoys this card.  I notice here lately that my card making style seems to be changing a bit.  I hope its for the better.  Let me know how you like it by leaving me a comment.  I love to hear from you guys.

On to the card...  I used the 'Butterfly Garden' design paper from PinkPaislee to cover the card base, for the sentiment I used a stamp from inkadinkadoo and I'm not sure about who made the butterfly stamps, I then used a Spellbinders die to cut it out from white card stock then, leaving the paper in the die, I used the die as a stencil and applied distress ink in Tattered Rose with an ink blending tool to the inside of the die cut.  I then stamped the sentiment onto it with pink ink and added the butterflies in brown.  The brown scalloped circle is card stock from Bazzill Basics.  The flowers are from Recollections from the Micheal's stores. (It's their house brand). The sea foam (ish) green lace is from American Crafts.  Love their trims. and the bling is from Prima. OK, that's my card for today, hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: