Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Friday, September 23, 2011

A card for my oldest friend

Sara is like my oldest friend in the world.  You know, not like a Facebook friend, someone who I've lived with in my younger days and actually made apart of my life.  Not to offend anyone and their facebook friends. lol,  I love it too but there's something special about the people that we bring into our daily lives and share families with.  I actually named her first born daughter.  Isn't that great!  She's so smart and has done great to keep in touch with me even though she has moved many times sense the days that we were room mates. 
     To make this card I used design papers from My Minds Eye; the LaPaperie stack, a sentiment stamp from Hot off the Press in ink from Ancient Page in Bordeaux,   I used some barn door distress inks to distress the edges of the sentiment piece and then sprayed it with some pearl spray.  I used some red card stock from Bazzill to mat the sentiment piece with and layered it with a paper dollie.  I added flowers from Recollections and Wild Orchid Crafts and some white lace and braided trim to finish it off.
    Thanks for stopping by and peaking at my card.  I hope you enjoyed it and have a great day!

1 comment: